Skip to main content

A trip down memory lane....and to the salon!

H-bomb has been complaining about her hair all her life. She doesn't like it: combed, washed, brushed, touched, styled, dried, clipped, braided or pony-tailed!

Enough was enough for both of us. I was sure she was sure, so we headed out to the stylist of choice- Anna in Compagna where we used to live! We let Anna loose with a pair of scissors and a beautiful, smiling, happy little gal appeared...here she is:



I was concerned about how her new look would be received at school. But when she hopped off the bus- she was still smiling!


Only one little girl made a negative comment. One of her pals stepped right up in H's defense and that was all she wrote.


Happier kid, happier family.

I caught up with Anna about the old neighborhood. I asked if Bruna was still alive and she is. She will be 94 next month.

As we were about to leave, Bruna appeared in the door. At first, she just looked at me and I could tell she didn't know me. Then, I saw the veil lift, a spark of recognition in her eyes and a huge smile. It was great to see her. We also went and caught up with Luciano and Vanda for a little while. I didn't feel one ounce of sadness or nostalgia- I remain happy that house is in our past. It was nice to see those smiling faces, though!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow!!! #1 looks great with her new haircut (actually a lot like mom in second grade as well as Auntie RoRo.)

It will be so much easier. I love it and am glad all are happy! Brava!!!!!

Now we can really see all those cute earrings. I guess I'll just have to send more.

Love it, love it love it, love it!
Anonymous said…
Please tell H we think she looks FABULOUS!!! The hair looks fantastic, her gorgeous face is perfectly framed by the style! (I am super inspired to follow in her footsteps and go for a big change) Thanks for sharing the pics. Hugs and Kisses to all B,D,M, & E
Unknown said…
ADORRABLE!! She is a beautiful little girl and it shows her face! So glad she is happier as well as the rest of you! :))

I might feel inspired to go short again, but I actually like puting stuff in my hair and feeling it on my neck to keep me warm! :)

Why is there always one kid who hasn't learned that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it?!?! Glad her friend stood up fo her.
mimi and papa said…
Absolutely perfect! The style suits H to a T! The ease of caring for the new do is no doubt a plus for everyone. I must admit, that seeing the new look inspired me to get my locks cut and I am so glad I found a place close to home that had an opening when the urge hit.

Popular posts from this blog

Spring break whirlwind!

I am sorry that I haven't posted this week. Diesel, I am so glad you figured out how to leave comments- we commented back on some of them! It was good to hear from you. I will try and do a catch up and post and then try to post more regularly next week...when time slows down, again. Nanny, I hope you made it home okay. The little engines were asking about you all day. We went over how you will be back, several times. I think they get it : ) Of all the weeks we have had here in Italy, I can honestly say, none of them have gone fast- except this past week. We drove Nanny to the airport this morning and it seems like we were just there to pick her up! This time, we went the right direction and it took much less time, fancy that. (You would think that with a map and a car we would be okay, but it is seriously difficult to get around here. You have to know several towns past your destination town that might be marked on the signs and then might not be. For example, you want to go to Ven
Purebred, German-imported female Pomeranian: 1,000 Euro Innotek Remote Controlled Citronella Spray Collar: $89.99 Little girl growing up with her dream dog: priceless Introducing: Fluffernutter aka: "Brandy" yes, it is also her stripping name Age: 4-years The girls keep forgetting that she won't grow any bigger even though they accept that The Fonz will always be small, go figure. Cost: For us, she was a "free" dog, I like to refer to her as a "used" dog Facts: Both girls are in love with her and she is growing on the Dad in the family She likes to drink out of the bidet She likes to lick Fonzie's ears (Bleh!) She likes to chase kitties, but her favorite hobby is barking...well, it was : )

Have a Very Merry Un-birthday to you, to you....

The tallest of the small is 6.5 years old. We had the usual half-birthday fun. At school, on her half-birthday, one of her friends told her that half birthdays aren't real. She mentioned this to me when she got off the bus. Then she asked me if half birthdays are "real." Hmmmmm. "What do you think?" I asked her (love that parenting technique). Well, she explained that lots of people don't celebrate their half birthdays, most people probably. But since we do, they are real for us. Sounds good to me : ) You get to celebrate their lives twice as many times- how can I resist, besides, it involves CAKE people! Happy half-birthday!