Skip to main content

We moved.....

but not to this castle.











Don't we wish this were our new place! It really didn't suit little Z- the princess was not happy whilst touring the King's bedchamber. So unhappy was she at the moment, that she was on the verge of pitching a holy fit- I am sure it would have been king-sized. I knelt down next to her, and through my clenched teeth informed her that it was simply inappropriate to have a fit in the castle. I let her know that all the people with us on the tour had paid money to hear about the castle and not to hear her antics. She stomped, she fumed, but she stopped. Sigh- thank goodness.

I think that's a real turning point in a parent's life, when you can talk them back from the edge. It's great.

We moved, our computer crashed. (Now realize, what I mean when I say crashed- I mean there are items that were saved on the desktop that are no longer retrievable, and the computer wouldn't so much as start up.) That, my friends, is a crash. But, being married to MacGyver has it's advantages....and lucky for us, we have our secret weapon- our computer-phone-a-friend Steve (aka "Papa") on board. Obviously, we're up and running, but can they get those pictures back? Stay tuned. And, for those of you wondering- of COURSE I don't have a back up or a back up of the back up or a back of that back up. I am not who I used to be.

Despite all this, we went to Edelweis for a long weekend. It was AWESOME. It's a beautiful place and very kid-friendly. Did I tell you about the ill-fated trip to Verona? This was my little Z's chance to redeem herself. She came through with flying colors. We enjoyed eating "American" style food- peppercorn encrusted salmon, My Man had a steak, salads with pear and blue cheese. For me to talk about food says something.







Coucou French Maman- chaque fois que je t'ecrive, je recois une note que le e-mail ne va pas. J'ai ecrive aujuourd'hui....

Comments

nanny said…
Wow! I am sooooo happy to see you again and glad you are up and running. Big sis looks like she has grown since I saw her. It must be the Italian fruits and veggies. So nice to NS again, such a lovely view. Happy happy happy Day, you are back! Love you all and glad you got to get away!
mimi and papa said…
How absolutely beautiful! I can see why it's your man's favorite place to visit! Mommy-O, you deserve a Nanny 911 award for diverting the princess from a holy fit. I can see that your eldest will very quickly be taller than I.
Can't wait to see all of you in your new home. Lots of Love and hugs, Mimi
Unknown said…
YEAY!! I knew you'd be back after the summer fun and visitors!! This looks so beautiful! Glad you had such a vunderbar getaway!! And that Z behaved like una princessa!

Popular posts from this blog

Spring break whirlwind!

I am sorry that I haven't posted this week. Diesel, I am so glad you figured out how to leave comments- we commented back on some of them! It was good to hear from you. I will try and do a catch up and post and then try to post more regularly next week...when time slows down, again. Nanny, I hope you made it home okay. The little engines were asking about you all day. We went over how you will be back, several times. I think they get it : ) Of all the weeks we have had here in Italy, I can honestly say, none of them have gone fast- except this past week. We drove Nanny to the airport this morning and it seems like we were just there to pick her up! This time, we went the right direction and it took much less time, fancy that. (You would think that with a map and a car we would be okay, but it is seriously difficult to get around here. You have to know several towns past your destination town that might be marked on the signs and then might not be. For example, you want to go to Ven
Purebred, German-imported female Pomeranian: 1,000 Euro Innotek Remote Controlled Citronella Spray Collar: $89.99 Little girl growing up with her dream dog: priceless Introducing: Fluffernutter aka: "Brandy" yes, it is also her stripping name Age: 4-years The girls keep forgetting that she won't grow any bigger even though they accept that The Fonz will always be small, go figure. Cost: For us, she was a "free" dog, I like to refer to her as a "used" dog Facts: Both girls are in love with her and she is growing on the Dad in the family She likes to drink out of the bidet She likes to lick Fonzie's ears (Bleh!) She likes to chase kitties, but her favorite hobby is barking...well, it was : )

Have a Very Merry Un-birthday to you, to you....

The tallest of the small is 6.5 years old. We had the usual half-birthday fun. At school, on her half-birthday, one of her friends told her that half birthdays aren't real. She mentioned this to me when she got off the bus. Then she asked me if half birthdays are "real." Hmmmmm. "What do you think?" I asked her (love that parenting technique). Well, she explained that lots of people don't celebrate their half birthdays, most people probably. But since we do, they are real for us. Sounds good to me : ) You get to celebrate their lives twice as many times- how can I resist, besides, it involves CAKE people! Happy half-birthday!