Skip to main content

A matter of time...

I suppose once you have seen a stranger in their underwear, under normal living conditions, it is just a matter of time before you see them naked. Yep, the girls and I saw PierreAngelo in the buff today.

It was 2:00 p.m. when we decided to go across the street to enjoy some time outside in my landlord's yard. We were making our way down the path, when I caught a glimpse of him in some kind of shower at the end of the driveway. We were not being quiet- and I began to talk even louder. I figured if we kept walking, he would have more than enough time- it's a long driveway, to close the door, or whatever. Next thing I know , I hear H say, "Hey Z, look at that." Great, she's pointing him out and he's still naked in the shower.

We just kept walking. Soon, he had on a towel and caught up with us to chat. Strangely, I didn't even feel uncomfortable. Really. He had been sunbathing (naked?). He asked me if I like to sunbathe- not sure where he was going with that, but I told him I do not. I told him I get sunburned. He mumbled that there are creams for that. Uh, huh. Well, moving right along.


Later, I noticed PA was doing some light gardening- while wearing his Speedo.
I felt like I was trying to take a picture of "Bigfoot." If you zoom in, and squint your eyes just so, you can see him in the garden. It was a flesh-colored leopard-print speedo.




Meanwhile, H took control of blowing the bubbles.


Fonzie tried to eat most of the bubbles,

but he had some competition...
I could not stop taking pictures...I was trying to capture the pure, unadulterated joy of this child, chasing bubbles, on a hot summer day.



She was fully in the moment, and it was filled with bubbles.
It was the spirit of summer...and I wanted a picture to remember that moment.

Comments

Unknown said…
I love these pics of summertime bliss! (with a side of one naked neighbor sunbather--what a weird conversation--do you like to sunbathe?!) I love that you tried to capture the moment of fun and freedom of angels on a summer's day! Suuuper cuuute and Fonxie too!
mimi and papa said…
Your landlord is too much! The speedo is too much! That whole bit about the shower is a riot!
You did capture the magic of bubbles on a summer day with two of the most adorable little girls I know. Fonz is right there to join in the fun as always.
Thank you for sharing a sweet summer afternoon with your faithful followers. Love, Mimi

Popular posts from this blog

Spring break whirlwind!

I am sorry that I haven't posted this week. Diesel, I am so glad you figured out how to leave comments- we commented back on some of them! It was good to hear from you. I will try and do a catch up and post and then try to post more regularly next week...when time slows down, again. Nanny, I hope you made it home okay. The little engines were asking about you all day. We went over how you will be back, several times. I think they get it : ) Of all the weeks we have had here in Italy, I can honestly say, none of them have gone fast- except this past week. We drove Nanny to the airport this morning and it seems like we were just there to pick her up! This time, we went the right direction and it took much less time, fancy that. (You would think that with a map and a car we would be okay, but it is seriously difficult to get around here. You have to know several towns past your destination town that might be marked on the signs and then might not be. For example, you want to go to Ven
Purebred, German-imported female Pomeranian: 1,000 Euro Innotek Remote Controlled Citronella Spray Collar: $89.99 Little girl growing up with her dream dog: priceless Introducing: Fluffernutter aka: "Brandy" yes, it is also her stripping name Age: 4-years The girls keep forgetting that she won't grow any bigger even though they accept that The Fonz will always be small, go figure. Cost: For us, she was a "free" dog, I like to refer to her as a "used" dog Facts: Both girls are in love with her and she is growing on the Dad in the family She likes to drink out of the bidet She likes to lick Fonzie's ears (Bleh!) She likes to chase kitties, but her favorite hobby is barking...well, it was : )

Have a Very Merry Un-birthday to you, to you....

The tallest of the small is 6.5 years old. We had the usual half-birthday fun. At school, on her half-birthday, one of her friends told her that half birthdays aren't real. She mentioned this to me when she got off the bus. Then she asked me if half birthdays are "real." Hmmmmm. "What do you think?" I asked her (love that parenting technique). Well, she explained that lots of people don't celebrate their half birthdays, most people probably. But since we do, they are real for us. Sounds good to me : ) You get to celebrate their lives twice as many times- how can I resist, besides, it involves CAKE people! Happy half-birthday!