Skip to main content

Nanny's Public Relations Issue...


Well, as my mother, the girls' "Nanny," is heading our way very soon, I thought I would give her the heads up that she has a PR problem with this one. Here she is with a granola bar from Mimi.

So, here's the story. The other day while I was making dinner, the girls were digging around in the canned goods cabinet- which used to be a microwave cart. They were pulling out cans, singing some little ditty and putting them back.

Now, don't get me wrong, some where in the back of my mind was the thought that this was not a good idea, but hey, it was getting me a few minutes to finish up before My Man was due home.

Then, the littlest girl started walking around carrying a can and saying, "Nanny, Nanny." I thought, "hmmm, that's veird." She continued on like this for 3 minutes or so before I finally gave her my full attention to try and figure out what she was going on about. I looked closely at the can and saw this:





Tee hee, the tiny one thinks that Nanny is the Contadina lady on the tomato paste! How cute and sweet and all that stuff.

The next thing I know, yep, she drops the can right on her stumpy little foot and screams, "Nanny boo boo, Nanny boo boo."

Good luck with that one Nanny-boo boo.

Comments

nanny said…
Oh my God! She is right. Nanny is the Contadina Lady! And I thought I had kept my secret all these years. I'm outed..... I am sorry for the boo-boo, maybe a few green and red Italian M & Ms will make up for the accident. Hopefully Zoe won't spread her discovery around too much. The Italians may frown at the Polish woman on their tomatoes. Ciao! Bambina fatto me ridero! or some such thing.
Anonymous said…
Hey V-Fam ...... I don't know if I mentioned I have been following along on your capers or not yet. I can't keep track of anything! My blog would not be nearly as exciting (mostly whining about work and pictures of my cat if I had to guess). Sadly, it seems the only contact I keep with people these days is this and myspace (yes, I'm embarrassed that I am on there, but it does come in handy). Keep up the good work ;)
Tina
mimi and papa said…
The little engine has a future in advertising. That she has uncovered Nanny's secret may land her a career as an agent of sorts. Just think of all the mysteries she could solve with her eye for "truth in advertising". Hope you are all enjoying Nanny Contadina and her partners in world travel! Enjoy! Can't wait for the next installment of ........"As the Pasta Boils."

Popular posts from this blog

Spring break whirlwind!

I am sorry that I haven't posted this week. Diesel, I am so glad you figured out how to leave comments- we commented back on some of them! It was good to hear from you. I will try and do a catch up and post and then try to post more regularly next week...when time slows down, again. Nanny, I hope you made it home okay. The little engines were asking about you all day. We went over how you will be back, several times. I think they get it : ) Of all the weeks we have had here in Italy, I can honestly say, none of them have gone fast- except this past week. We drove Nanny to the airport this morning and it seems like we were just there to pick her up! This time, we went the right direction and it took much less time, fancy that. (You would think that with a map and a car we would be okay, but it is seriously difficult to get around here. You have to know several towns past your destination town that might be marked on the signs and then might not be. For example, you want to go to Ven
Purebred, German-imported female Pomeranian: 1,000 Euro Innotek Remote Controlled Citronella Spray Collar: $89.99 Little girl growing up with her dream dog: priceless Introducing: Fluffernutter aka: "Brandy" yes, it is also her stripping name Age: 4-years The girls keep forgetting that she won't grow any bigger even though they accept that The Fonz will always be small, go figure. Cost: For us, she was a "free" dog, I like to refer to her as a "used" dog Facts: Both girls are in love with her and she is growing on the Dad in the family She likes to drink out of the bidet She likes to lick Fonzie's ears (Bleh!) She likes to chase kitties, but her favorite hobby is barking...well, it was : )

Have a Very Merry Un-birthday to you, to you....

The tallest of the small is 6.5 years old. We had the usual half-birthday fun. At school, on her half-birthday, one of her friends told her that half birthdays aren't real. She mentioned this to me when she got off the bus. Then she asked me if half birthdays are "real." Hmmmmm. "What do you think?" I asked her (love that parenting technique). Well, she explained that lots of people don't celebrate their half birthdays, most people probably. But since we do, they are real for us. Sounds good to me : ) You get to celebrate their lives twice as many times- how can I resist, besides, it involves CAKE people! Happy half-birthday!