Skip to main content

Thursday are for Our Sights of Italy

Thursday used to be for pizza and beer and Friends and Seinfeld! Here are some local pictures from my evening walk with The Fonz. The first picture is a side view of our place. That little window is to our bathroom- our very crowded, small bathroom. The rest of the pics are down the street and/or down this gravel backroad. I am not sure I am allowed to be walking on said gravel road, but I haven't seen any signs- none that I can read anyway! I will also expound a bit about the Italian experience. I have noticed that if you are riding a bicycle here, the cars/trucks give about the required 1 meter distance between the cyclist and the vehicle. If you are walking, however, it is a different story. I put my hand out (which was not a good idea and I won't do it again) between myself and a passing car and the car seemed about 4-6 inches from my fingertips. It seemed very close.



The cars also go very fast. There are laws concerning driving, but they are disregarded for the most part. Stop signs are optional for Italians.


I was walking with Fonzie and a huge diesel truck turned DIRECTLY in front of me. If I had taken one more step I would have kicked the tire. It seems like the drivers are rude here, but it's not directed at me personally, that's just the way it is. I preceive it as rude, because on my walks with Fonz in the US, most people would yield and let us finish crossing first. Oh, the Italian experience continues.








The girls opened a box from Mimi and Pops today- they had a blast, and thank you for the goodies.


They loved the balls that light up. The clothes were very cute and we are overlooking the polyester- as previously discussed : )



Initially Percy liked the Whole Wheat Bunny Crackers, but soon, she started doing this with them and letting them fall out of her mouth (much to Fonzie's bliss). I tried them- I think they could have used a little organic salt at least. Gordon likes them a lot. We'll see what Percy does with them next time. Isn't she charming?

We will open their box from Gr. Grammy and Gr. Grampy soon too. Have to spread these things out! Thank you for thinking of us!

Comments

Unknown said…
These are awesome and the kids look adorable!! I miss you all!! Love, Bo bo

Popular posts from this blog

Spring break whirlwind!

I am sorry that I haven't posted this week. Diesel, I am so glad you figured out how to leave comments- we commented back on some of them! It was good to hear from you. I will try and do a catch up and post and then try to post more regularly next week...when time slows down, again. Nanny, I hope you made it home okay. The little engines were asking about you all day. We went over how you will be back, several times. I think they get it : ) Of all the weeks we have had here in Italy, I can honestly say, none of them have gone fast- except this past week. We drove Nanny to the airport this morning and it seems like we were just there to pick her up! This time, we went the right direction and it took much less time, fancy that. (You would think that with a map and a car we would be okay, but it is seriously difficult to get around here. You have to know several towns past your destination town that might be marked on the signs and then might not be. For example, you want to go to Ven
Purebred, German-imported female Pomeranian: 1,000 Euro Innotek Remote Controlled Citronella Spray Collar: $89.99 Little girl growing up with her dream dog: priceless Introducing: Fluffernutter aka: "Brandy" yes, it is also her stripping name Age: 4-years The girls keep forgetting that she won't grow any bigger even though they accept that The Fonz will always be small, go figure. Cost: For us, she was a "free" dog, I like to refer to her as a "used" dog Facts: Both girls are in love with her and she is growing on the Dad in the family She likes to drink out of the bidet She likes to lick Fonzie's ears (Bleh!) She likes to chase kitties, but her favorite hobby is barking...well, it was : )

Have a Very Merry Un-birthday to you, to you....

The tallest of the small is 6.5 years old. We had the usual half-birthday fun. At school, on her half-birthday, one of her friends told her that half birthdays aren't real. She mentioned this to me when she got off the bus. Then she asked me if half birthdays are "real." Hmmmmm. "What do you think?" I asked her (love that parenting technique). Well, she explained that lots of people don't celebrate their half birthdays, most people probably. But since we do, they are real for us. Sounds good to me : ) You get to celebrate their lives twice as many times- how can I resist, besides, it involves CAKE people! Happy half-birthday!