Skip to main content

Nanny's Villa

Sheesh, this week went by so quickly! The weather here is downright hot and all things are blooming- I know this because my allergies are the worst they have ever been. Thank goodness I received such lovely and stylish glasses for my birthday. It's been a pleasant change as our family hasn't seen the sun for years, as we hail from the great green overcast state of WA.

We tried to go to the playground, but little Percy got into a jam. You see, she insisted on helping me apply sunblock- well, then she rubbed her eye. Then she was crying because she got sunblock in her eyes and that made her rub them even more. I tried and tried to stop her, distract her- even Gordon was singing Itsy Bitsy Spider in a desperate attempt to change the subject. But, alas, in a girl known for her drama, there was no end in sight. So, what could I do?...to the utility tub for a wash down she went and that was that. (No children suffered long-term harm in this turn of events.)

This latest edition to Nanny's villa is kind of sub par, and I know that. I am not sure it even has a door....but it's kind of charming, no? There is a flock of chickens running willy nilly all around it, maybe that's why I like it...it needs a little work : )


P.S. I have changed the comments section so that you don't have to log in or register to comment if you so desire. I would love to hear from you!

Comments

nanny said…
Bella villa! I think this is my second favorite (maybe because of the chickens.) You know, bird droppings on you is a good sign in Italy? All I need are some Polish workmen and I could be on my way. It could be so lovely!
mimi and papa said…
I am surprised at the number of empty buildings around. Are these all out near where you live???
It definitely seems like a step back in time with the laundry, electricity, etc. Although air drying might be better for the environment (less energy used), it is probably not as good for your allergies with all that pollen around. Great job as usual on the blog - the girls are so cute.
Love , Papa
Unknown said…
All's I can say is Where's Sho Sho's Villa?! Hee hoo! It's a shoe box in Seattle!! Love the pics and photos of the girls and y'all. I wants eats them up!
Much Love,
Shozier
Hello gang- yes, Papa, these places are in our little area for the most part. I think that's all of them, so we'll have to get pics on our daytrips from here on out. I would love to see someone fix one up and watch the progress....

Popular posts from this blog

Spring break whirlwind!

I am sorry that I haven't posted this week. Diesel, I am so glad you figured out how to leave comments- we commented back on some of them! It was good to hear from you. I will try and do a catch up and post and then try to post more regularly next week...when time slows down, again. Nanny, I hope you made it home okay. The little engines were asking about you all day. We went over how you will be back, several times. I think they get it : ) Of all the weeks we have had here in Italy, I can honestly say, none of them have gone fast- except this past week. We drove Nanny to the airport this morning and it seems like we were just there to pick her up! This time, we went the right direction and it took much less time, fancy that. (You would think that with a map and a car we would be okay, but it is seriously difficult to get around here. You have to know several towns past your destination town that might be marked on the signs and then might not be. For example, you want to go to Ven
Purebred, German-imported female Pomeranian: 1,000 Euro Innotek Remote Controlled Citronella Spray Collar: $89.99 Little girl growing up with her dream dog: priceless Introducing: Fluffernutter aka: "Brandy" yes, it is also her stripping name Age: 4-years The girls keep forgetting that she won't grow any bigger even though they accept that The Fonz will always be small, go figure. Cost: For us, she was a "free" dog, I like to refer to her as a "used" dog Facts: Both girls are in love with her and she is growing on the Dad in the family She likes to drink out of the bidet She likes to lick Fonzie's ears (Bleh!) She likes to chase kitties, but her favorite hobby is barking...well, it was : )

Have a Very Merry Un-birthday to you, to you....

The tallest of the small is 6.5 years old. We had the usual half-birthday fun. At school, on her half-birthday, one of her friends told her that half birthdays aren't real. She mentioned this to me when she got off the bus. Then she asked me if half birthdays are "real." Hmmmmm. "What do you think?" I asked her (love that parenting technique). Well, she explained that lots of people don't celebrate their half birthdays, most people probably. But since we do, they are real for us. Sounds good to me : ) You get to celebrate their lives twice as many times- how can I resist, besides, it involves CAKE people! Happy half-birthday!